Alex&I

Alex&I

Monday, March 14, 2016

Audio Books

This past weekend, my little brother got baptized, and my husband and I were fortunate enough to be able to drive down to Coeur d' Alene, Idaho (our home town) to be there for this special event. We never get to do this in the middle of the semester because it is a 12 hour drive. So by the time you travel there and back, you've spent two days driving. But this last weekend, we both had our classes canceled Friday and were able to leave Thursday. Anyways, usually when we do this drive we occupy ourselves by talking, singing, sleeping, etc. But before we left this time, we quickly stopped by the library to get some audio books. Before this, I really hadn't had any experience with audio books, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked them! We were able to "read" two books throughout the course of the drive. It was awesome! I think audio books are a great way to gain knowledge in pass time. Recently I head that a huge percentage of wealthy individuals listen to audio books during their commute to work each day vs a very small percentage of poor individuals. Very interesting. On the contrary, I did notice that the conversation between my husband and I was greatly diminished because we were so lost in the stories of these books. However, these audio books provided many good conversation pieces later when the books were over. The audio books also really helped us stay alert and awake for the entire drive- usually I really struggle with this. So all in all, I think audio books can definitely be a positive thing in my life, and I plan to implement them into my daily life from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment