Alex&I

Alex&I

Monday, March 21, 2016

Provo City Center Temple Dedication

Yesterday, I my husband and I went to our ward building to watch the broadcasted dedication of the Provo City Center Temple. This experience was one that opened my eyes to more benefits that come from the media. I am always so excited when I can see some positive influences of media because of all the negative that exists. Anyways, yesterday I was so amazed at how powerful this experience was and the Spirit that I felt just from watching a projector screen. I didn't have to be at the actual temple dedication, and I was still overwhelmed with the Spirit. That was only able to come about because of media. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to take part in that beautiful ceremony. If media and technology didn't exist, that would't have been possible. Even though they may be harder to come across, there are definitely many benefits that come from the media. I am grateful that I have agency and can choose which pieces of the media I will participate in.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing. I agree that this is a great example of avenues of media being able to be used for the most wonderful experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also impressed by the technological advances we have that allow us to participate in things that are important to us. I truly believe that God allows technology to be a blessing in our lives; whether through skyping a family member, watching general conference, or sending a mormon message to a friend, we can truly be blessed when we seek to share and receive goodness through technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the Church utilizes the media accessible to us! We can have access to so much, no matter how far away we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so awesome! Funny that even though the dedication happened within walking distance of here, that we still broadcast it to everyone. There's just so many members that it would be impossible to have everyone attend and enjoy it, without a broadcasting system that allows everyone to be upclose and personal with those speaking. And hear them clearly. It truly is an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete